Position – Executive Director
The Roundhouse Foundation is a Sisters, Oregon based private family foundation with a mission to support creative projects and organizations through art, environmental conservation, social services, community leadership and education. It is overseen by a very engaged three-member Board of Trustees.
The Roundhouse Foundation seeks an energetic, self-motivated individual with a commitment to creative and innovative programming, and a passion for the vision and mission of the foundation. Non-profit management experience and a thorough understanding of private foundation operations are required.
The Executive Director will bring new and fresh ideas to work as a collaborative partner with the board to develop new programming and sustain successful relationships with grantees and community partners.
Planning: Work with trustees to develop and monitor plans for grant making and programmatic activities.
Foundation Management and Supervision: Oversee general foundation day-to-day operations.
Determine staffing needs and work with trustees to hire personnel. Manage and supervise Foundation employees, and contractors/consultants. Oversee office and organizational tasks for the Foundation.
Trustee Support: Communicate regularly with trustees and provide for development and implementation of policies and procedures. Assure responsiveness to current needs and expectations, and full adherence to all federal and state legal requirements.
- Oversee grant making activities throughout the grant inquiry, application, receipt, reporting and follow‐up processes. Oversee programmatic and financial due diligence and evaluation.
- Manage Programs within the Mission/Vision of the Foundation and as directed by Trustees
- Assist trustees in development of new programs such as a potential Visual Arts Center
- Work with the Board in identifying and cultivating organizations with the goals of distributing grants and maintaining programs.
- Prepare policies and procedures for each program and the organization
- Evaluate programs
Public Relations Activities:
- Represent the Foundation as a spokesperson to the community and to other organizations or entities as requested by trustees.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with affinity groups and other organizations related to the Foundation’s mission and grant-making.
Fiscal Management: Oversee the financial operations of the Foundation with Board direction. Ensure monthly financial accounting. Maintain the Foundation’s investment policies. Serve as liaison to Foundation’s Accounting and Investment firm. Confer with legal counsel to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Undertake additional duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Advanced degree (or bachelor’s and equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years prior experience in Foundation Management and knowledge of contemporary philanthropic strategies
- Understanding of legal and fiscal management of a foundation with assets between one and five million dollars
- Big picture thinking with experience leading organizations
- A critical thinker and natural networker with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong understanding of financial systems and management
- Demonstrated success in grant reporting and support, development and requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to lead projects and work independently or as a member of a team
- Personal qualities that include integrity, confidentiality, commitment to the Foundation’s mission, respect for diversity and the ability to inspire and motivate
- Extensive computer experience including database work
Hours and Compensation: This is a full-time employee position. Competitive pay commensurate with experience. No benefits are associated with this position at this time. Questions may be sent to: email@example.com
The foundation hopes to fill this position by end of 2017.
A cover letter and resume may be mailed to:
PO Box 1784, Sisters, OR 97759
Questions may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org