How was the Pine Meadow Ranch Center location chosen?
After research at other locations; discussions with the Sisters community; and lots of work the Foundation created a list of requirements for a location in Sisters. It was determined that the ideal location would be:
- Within walking distance of downtown Sisters.
- Have as little impact on traffic as possible.
- PARTNER with lodging not compete. The best case would be if visitors could stay at lodging in town and support the local tourist economy. We would consider building some “bunkhouse” type housing for participants in school activities if we were able to get proper zoning.
- PARTNER with local restaurants not compete. Creating a central kitchen would be considered to accommodate some food for participants and also for some culinary artistry.
- A campus type setting imbedded in a working ranch — preferably with several workshop spaces to start and the Sisters setting with mountain and green space views.