The Roundhouse Foundation is interested in funding innovative community arts programs that possess one or more of these characteristics:
- Support community enrichment through the arts
- Offer cross-generational opportunities where young and old can better understand each other through participation in the arts
- Serve as a catalyst for arts-based economic development for the Central Oregon region, with special attention to the Sisters area
- Bring community awareness to the arts and to artists in the region through events, performances, exhibits, programs, communications, marketing
- Provide community support for working artists
- Bring art programs into the schools, including performances, workshops, artist-in-residence programs.
The Foundation focuses its grantmaking in Oregon, with a strong preference for programs and projects serving Deschutes County and the Sisters area.
The Foundation has a strong interest in proposals to seed new projects, as well as to expand projects that have demonstrated success in community enrichment through the arts.
The Foundation does not favor proposals to fund endowments, capital campaigns, or general operating expenses.